Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Sister Sorensen's Letter from 11/10/13

Hey Family and Friends!
    This week has been great! I love being a missionary! This is truly the work of the Lord and I'm reminded of that daily. This week we had our Sister Training Leaders come and do exchanges with them. The last pictures that I sent were the other sister's that we share a flat with so we got to spend time with them a lot. But it was great to have the sisters come and help us. I learned so much from them, they are wonderful! It was great to see some of the things I could improve on so that I can continue to progress and improve as a missionary. I find so many weaknesses of mine as I'm serving but as it says in Ether 12:27, God shows us our weaknesses so that we can make them strengths. And I know that we can't do that on our own, we need to rely on the Lord in striving to make our weaknesses our strengths.
  I have seen many miracles this week. In fact I see a miracle almost every day and I know that as you look for miracles that you will see them. One miracle that I saw this week was when I was on exchanges and I was with Sister Davis. Sister Davis had the car so we went to go visit a less active but there was no where to park on the road so we had to go and find a place to park a little ways down the road. So we parked and walked. We visited with this sister and testified of the importance of keeping the faith. On the way back to our car we passed by this man who was watering his lawn. And as a missionary we talk to EVERYONE. So I said hi to him and kept walking but Sister Davis started to talk to him and ask about his day. She then said "do you mind if we give you a card?" (pass-along card) He then came over to us and we started to introduce ourselves and let him know who we are, representatives of Jesus Christ. He was a very kind gentleman and we invited him to church. He said that he woud be interested in coming one time. But he didn't want to commit to a specific day and he didn't want to commit to a return appointment either. But if we wouldn't have parked where we did that day we would have never talked to Frank. And one thing I have really learned is no work or lesson that we teach goes to waste. Even though we didn't get a return appointment we still planted that seed and helped him to feel of the spirit a little bit. He also said we could stop by again sometime so we will definitely do so when we go back to his area. But it is just amazing how EVERTHING happens for a reason. We are placed in certain places at certain times for a reason. We may not know at the time why we are there but God does have a plan for each of us. Look for the small miracles or tender mercies in your daily lives. I promise that when you look for them, you will find them.
   Yesterday Sister Fa'agase and I had the opportunity to teach Relief Society in our ward. We taught on missionary work...imagine that. Missionaries teaching on missionary work...haha. It was great! One thing that we taught the sisters is that we are all missionaries as members of the church. Just as the apostles have taught us, every member a missionary. It is so true! Since we all have the fulness of the gospel and we have that knowledge it is now our responsiblity to share that with others so that we can save their lives. So that we can help them to feel the happiness and joy that we feel. We shared with them our purpose as missionaries it is:  "To invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and Enduring to the end." Even though this might be a purpose for missionaries we taught that it is also the purpose for ALL members. I challenge you all this week to think about this purpose and and think about how it can help you in your life. How can this knowledge help you to be better and help to lift others up that may be falling away.
   Another great lesson I have learned is that our purpose is not only to help those that don't know the truth but to also help those individuals who have fallen away from the truth. We need to help one another in this life. That is why we are all here, to help one another.
  Remember that we are all sons and daughters of God and this is the Lord's work. He has restored this Gospel on the earth today so that we could have the fulness of the gospel on the earth again. Like it says in D&C 88:73 The work of the Lord is hastening. That is why it is so important to take action now in spreading the word of God to everyone.
I love you all so very much and appreciate your love and support. I thank you also for all the prayers in my behalf, I have definitely felt them. I hope you all have a great week.
Love ya!
Love,
    Sister Sorensen
 We went to a relief society service project this week
We had zone p-day last week and we had a huge tug-a-war. It was so much fun!
Us and the Sister Training Leaders. Sister Penumaka from India and Sister Davis from New Mexico
 Me and Sister Fa'agase made breakfast for the other sisters.
We got slurpees one day when it was so hot!
Me and sister Bretzing had some banafi pie last night. So good!
Anikka and me and my soa





No comments:

Post a Comment