Friday, October 11, 2013

Day 3 at the MTC

Dear Family,

It is only day 3 here at the MTC and it feels like I've been here for so much longer. Maybe that is because the first day was super long and overwhelming. But needless to say I'm loving the MTC! As days go on I'm starting to love the missionary life and I'm starting to catch the real purpose of why I'm here and the importance of it. My companion is Sister Prete and I absolutely love her! She is from Alberta Canada and she is so fun and outgoing. I think its just perfect that they paired us together because we get along so well and its been such a short amount of time. Last night we had the opportunity to meet with our Branch Presidency and introduce ourselves and why we decided to serve a mission. Then we were interviewed so they could get to know us more. They then called District Leaders, Zone Leaders, and Sister Training Leaders. Sister Prete and I have been called as Sister Training Leaders we aren't official yet because our STL's haven't left yet but we will be made STL's officially on Sunday. I'm so excited to be a Sister Training Leader you all know how much I love being a leader and there are so many wonderful sisters in my zone that I'm honored to be over them to help them. I love my district they are all so wonderful and we all get along great. There are 4 Elders and 4 Sisters so it works out great. Yesterday I saw Davis! It was a little weird to not be able to give him a hug but it was great to see him. He looked great and he is doing a great job with his language, he taught me a little bit of the Madagascar language it sounds intense. I just found out that my Visa came and so we will hopefully get to leave for the mission field on October 20th but I'm not positive yet so I will let you know for sure when I know. There are so many missionaries that are going to Sydney Australia South mission. Our whole zone is going there so that is about 7 sisters and 10 Elders and I'm sure there are more. Its crazy but awesome! I'm loving all of the classes and even though its only been a few days my testimony is growing so much and I'm learning a lot about ways to teach. All we do I feel like here is wake up and get ready super fast and then go study, then we eat, then we study, and then we eat, study, and eat some more. Today was the first day that we were able to work out and it feels great! Me and Sister Prete went running around and did an ab workout. Sometimes we go to the cafeteria and we aren't even hungry but we just eat anyways because we know we won't have another chance to eat anything. Mom, I got new scriptures and they are really cool I like them a lot. In fact I got them last night and I've already marked so much in them because we are always reading and studying the scriptures. It is truly awesome! We have been practicing teaching investigators and it is kind of scary. Its hard to know what to say, we know the doctrine but its so hard to form what you want to say and how to say it. Monday we will get to meet with a girl called Mariana and we will have the chance to teach her for real and try to practice. The last couple days its just been me and my companion but its hard to really practice because we know its not real but I'm excited to finally try it for myself and see how I will do in a real setting. My P-day is on Friday so I will be emailing you next friday but that will be my last time in the MTC emailing you. I will have to let you know when my P-day is in the field.  I'm sorry my letter is all over the place there are just so many things happening that its hard to know where to start and remember all that has happened. I love you all and miss you already but I know this is exactly where I need to be and I'm so excited to be able to teach the people in Australia!

Love,
Sister Heidi Sorensen

No comments:

Post a Comment