Sunday, December 8, 2013

12-8-13 "Strengthening the Members"

Hello Friends and Family!
   This week has been a wonderful week here in Australia. I have seen so many miracles this week. It helps me to realize that this is exactly where I need to be at this time in my life. Having a car now has been such a great blessing. We have been able to visit so many more people that we haven't ever been able to see before. But we have gotten lost so many times this week. But that all comes with learning I guess. The more I get lost, the more I learn what is the right way to go and I get to know the area even more. That may sound funny but everything is a learning experience thats for sure.
    This week we have visited a lot of members. We usually try not to spend too much time in the active members homes but this week we had several experiences with the members. There was one experience in particular where every one of our appointments were falling through. We then decided we would go visit an older man named Brother Mcguire. He is in his 70's and he suffers from alzheimers. We felt the need to go see him and we were so glad that we did. We visited with him and he expressed how much he needed our visit that day. He burst into tears as he told us that he had been crying all morning. He said how he was having a rough day and how we had answered his prayer. I felt the need to share with him a scripture found in D&C 121:7-8 which talks about "thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment." And then of course I burst into tears. There wasn't a dry eye in the room. Sister Fa'agase and I expressed our love to him and how much the Lord loves him. We talked about the atonement of Jesus Christ and how much our Savior understands what we're going through. That was truly a great experience we had with Brother Mcguire. That was a testimony builder of following the spirit and how the Lord will send you to who you need to go to at just the right time as long as you are faithful and obedient.
   We had another great experience with being in the right place at the right time just yesterday. We wanted to go drive out to this area where we had never been but for some reason we just weren't finding our way. I felt the need to turn around and head back towards Liverpool area. I then felt the need to go to the Hunter's house. They are a family that was a referral from our zone leaders. We have stopped by several times before but no one has ever been home or even answered the door when we knew they were home. But this time they were there. We didn't know if they were going to let us in but I felt like we needed to get inside somehow. Well it was a good thing that I needed to use the bathroom right then. So I asked them if I could use their toilet, they were a little hessitant but let me in. I must say using the toilet sometimes works miracles! haha But anways we were able to start up a conversation with them. They were a little quiet at first but we just got to know them a little bit and were very kind to them. Soon the woman started to open up more and more and then she let it all out. We found out that she was also having a  rough day. We found out that she grew up in the church but has been inactive for about 15 years ever since her dad passed away. She started to cry and then I started to cry as she started to talking about her dad and how she knows that he is watching over her. And that he sent us to her that day. We shared with her the plan of Salvation and focused on the atonement of Jesus Christ and how we can be with our families forever. We were all crying together as we all talked of our families. It was a great experience and she expressed how thankful she was for our visit and how much she needed our visit. We even got a return appointment with them. That was a wonderful miracle.
   This next week we have a baptism for our investigator, Kristal. She is getting baptized on Friday. We are so excited for her! She is such a wonderful girl and has a great desire to follow Jesus Christ. I will keep you updated next week on how the baptism goes.
  There is so much more I could write but not enough time. But thanks for all the love and support you all give to me. I'm so grateful to be a missionary at this time in my life. I know this is the work of the Lord and that this is exactly where I need to be at this time in my life.
Love always,
     Sister Heidi Sorensen

Christmas!!!

Decorating the Manousso's Tree. The manousso's are a wonderful family in our ward who invites us over once a week for dinner. They are wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment