Monday, February 3, 2014

Ordinary People.....Extraordinary Message

Dear family and friends,
     This week has been such a great week. I continue to learn so much each and every day. It is amazing how much you continue to learn each day. During my personal study one day I had this thought..."We are ordinary people, here to spread an extraordinary message."After that thought came to mind it really hit me on just how important this gospel is. One of the 12 apostles said one time that this gospel is for imperfect people. We are all human and we all make so many mistakes each and every day, but that is why we needed a Savior. We needed Jesus Christ to show us the way and to provide a way back to our Heavenly Father. This week I have thought a lot about the Atonement and just how necessary it is for us. We are truly nothing without our Savior, He is the one that makes it all possible.
   This week we have had so many miracles. We have been pushing hard to strive to meet our goals that we have set for ourselves. I'm sure Sister Woodford hates me but I have been pushing her really hard to get some things done. And I can see that all that hard work has not been wasted. One miracle that we had was with one of our new investigators named Michelle. We met her a few weeks ago and she is such a sweet lady. She has been really busy lately and so we haven't been able to visit her much but just yesterday we felt the need to visit her. We were really discouraged at that time because we were going to go to a fireside and we were told we couldn't go unless we had an investigator to take with us. Well we didn't have anyone to take so we decided to just continue onward and go out and visit some other people. That is when we went to visit Michelle. She has such a sweet spirit and she really put a smile on our face. She invited us in and we got to talk with her and get to know her better. We were also able to share a message of the gospel with her and she asked us if we could teach her more. We were so excited! She also has 2 girls, one is 8 and one is 10 and so we are hoping to teach all of them. So I will keep you updated on Michelle. But that really taught me to never give up hope. As you put your trust in the Lord, He will provide a way and poor blessing upon you.
   There is so much more I could share with all of you but there is not enough time. But I want you all to know that I truly do have a testimony of this gospel. I know without a doubt that its true. I'm so grateful to be a missionary at this time and to spread the gospel with the people of Australia.
   Thanks so much for all your love and support. Have a wonderful week!
Love,
Sister Heidi Sorensen

Yesterday for P-day we went to a cool place called, "Lions Lookout." It was a beautiful place! That is one of my new favorite places to go because you can see everything. We could even see Sydney on the horizon.



No comments:

Post a Comment