Tuesday, May 27, 2014

The Lord Knows Us So Well!

New companion- Sister Ma'asi from Tonga


Dear Family and Friends,
 
   Wow I don't even know where to begin. There is so much that has happened this week. So I knew the time would come that I would have to be transferred out of Green Valley. On Saturday I found out that I was being transferred and I was so sad. Green Valley has been my only area so far and so I have grown to love all the people in the Green Valley Ward. I have also grown to love my companion Sister Woodford. We've been companions for 18 weeks now and she has become like a sister to me. But I knew that it was my time to go and I felt good about leaving. I know that I have done what I'm supposed to do in that area and now its my time to go meet some other people and bring others unto Christ.
 
    So sunday was my last day in the Green Valley ward and I had the opportunity to share my testimony in Sacrament meeting. I was crying through the whole thing. I had to go say my good bye's to all the members and I got al the photos and everything. The ward was so supportive of me and they were so loving. I then packed up all my stuff that night. On monday morning we drove to the mission home which is about 30 minutes away and come to find out that I was moving right back to the same flat. Lets say that was a little annoying but I was glad to find out that I was going to be living with my last companion again. My new companion is Sister Ma'asi from Tonga. I have been living with her for a while now and so it is a really easy transition and we can get right to work. I'm in the Prariewood 1st ward, right next to my old area. I feel like I already know the ward because I have heard so much from the sisters we live with. And another crazy thing is that the Sister that took my place in Green Valley is my MTC companion Sister Prete. I was nervous for who would take my place and I wanted someone that would mess up all the hard work that we have done (I think she meant "someone who wouldn't mess up all the hard work" haha). But of all the people, Sister Prete is the PERFECT person. I couldn't think of a better match.
 
   I'm so grateful for this the gospel in my life. And in the last few days with all the changes I have grown a stronger testimony of how much the Lord knows our needs. I know that I'm supposed to be serving in the Prariewood 1st ward. I'm so ready to go out and serve the people in my new area. I know that as we put our trust in the Lord, that everything will work out perfectly.
 
I hope you all have a wonderful week and thanks so much for all your love and support. I know that I couldn't serve with all my heart, might, mind and strength if it wasn't for my family cheering me on from home. I'm so very blessed for all of you!
 
Love always,
    Sister Heidi Sorensen

No comments:

Post a Comment