Tuesday, May 27, 2014

My Referral From Heaven

Dear family and friends,
 
   Wow what a week its been for me. I don't even know where to begin to tell you about all the events that have happened this week. It was a little hard this week in this new area because I went from knowing everything and knowing the streets like the back of my hand to now knowing nothing. That was a little hard for me this week and I got really stressed out at first. But lucky I had a companion who was really good and very helpful. The more members I met, the more comfortable I got and excited I got to work in this area. I know that this is where I need to be. I love my new companion, Sister Ma'asi and I've already received a confirmation that she is who I need to be with at this time. I love being with her!
 
   Another thing happened to add on to the crazy week that I had. We were in a car accident on Friday. My first car accident ever but luckily it wasn't a very bad one. We were going to our district meeting and I was making a U-turn because that is the only way to get into the chapel entrance because there is a barrier in front of the entrance. We there were no cars coming from the other direction and just one car behind me. I turned on my right car signal way in advance to let them know I was turning. Well the person behind me was very impatient and not paying attention and they tried to overpass me and went on my right side instead of going by on my left. I think its because I drifted a little to the left so I could make the turn so they were watching my car and not my signal. So before I realized what they were doing we had hit. And from holding the steering wheel in the process of turning the impact of it or something had hurt my wrist. Right away I knew something was wrong with my wrist. The car just had the right headlight broken and a dent right above the tire. Luckily it was just me that was hurt and no one else. But after it was all settled I called Sister Woodford and her and Sister Prete took me to the hospital to get my wrist x-rayed. They found out that I have a hair-line fracture on each side of my left wrist. and I have to have this plaster cast on for 2 weeks and then I have to get it x-rayed again.


 Even though it was no fun to be in a car accident the little tender mercy that came out of it is that the lady that hit us was a very nice lady. As soon as I met her I got the feeling that I needed to share the gospel with her. So I talked to her a little bit about who we were as missionaries and what we did. I made sure she was ok and she continued to just apologize. So it was a good thing that came out of that was now we have a potential investigator. She happens to be in our proselyting area and everything. And now we are walking and she is within walking distance. Wow the Lord definitely works in mysterious ways but each and every day I'm reminded that this is not my work, this is the Lord's work. I just need to trust in him and He will guide me and direct me to those that need to hear the gospel. So it may have been a little bit of a crazy week but there are so many positives and tender mercies that have come out of all the events that have happened.
 
I love you all very much and appreciate all the love and support you continue to give me. Have a wonderful week!
 
Love always,
 
Sister Heidi Sorensen


No comments:

Post a Comment