Monday, June 23, 2014

Incredible Week Full Of Miracles

Malo Lelei! Fe fe Hake?(Hello! How are you) 
    
    So this week I decided I want to learn some Tongan. Since I have a Tongan companion I thought I might take advantage of it and learn a little bit. So while we've been walking she teaches me. I have learned a lot just in the past week. I now know how to count to ten and the alphabet and how to say simple things to people. It is so fun! First I learned Samoan from my first companion and now I'm learning Tongan, its pretty cool. 
     I know I say this every week pretty much but man, I love being a missionary! This week was a great week full of so many miracles! Again we haven't heard anything about our car so we just keep walking each day. We have actually grown to like it more than the car right now. We now walk all day long and talk to people on the street. We are now getting pretty good at starting conversations on the street and teaching short lessons to people we just pass by.

  We had a miracle day this week. On Wednesday it was one miracle after another. It was incredible! At the beginning of the day we weren't really sure how our day would pan out but we just started walking with faith. That is when the miracles came. The whole time we were walking i was just praying to find someone to teach and to help. I will share with you a few of the experiences that we had.
    
   Just last week we met this Tongan boy that was walking down the street and Sister Ma'asi was talking to him a little bit. But we ran into him again and he was so keen to learn more about the gospel. He was even on the other side of this busy road and he ran across because he wanted to talk to us. We taught him a little bit and set up an appointment to go and teach him more. But that was just one of the many miracles.
  
    We were walking down this street and I felt like I needed to check the suburb list to see if anyone lived on the street that we were passing at that time. And I had looked over and saw some people outside and i wanted to go and talk to them. As we checked the list we saw there was a woman named Eleanor that lived down that street and we noticed that it was the exact same house where all the family was outside in the front yard. So we got really excited and walked over to talk to them. We met Eleanor and we started to talk to her. She said that she hadn't seen missionaries in a while and that she had never seen girl missionaries before. As we got to know her a little more she started to open up more and more. By the end she invited us back a few days later and her grand kids really liked us as well. We went back again and had a great visit with her and her grand kids. We gave the kids each a Book of Mormon and they were so happy to start reading it. Eleanor said also that after the first visit she went through her old things and found her scriptures and she now has the desire to read them with her grand kids. That was incredible to watch all of that happen. I know that her heart has been softened. She expressed how grateful she was that we came and how she hasn't let missionaries in for about 10 years now or so. That was a testimony builder about the Lord's timing. 

     Another miracle that happened that same day was with a girl named San. It was getting late and it was already dark outside. That means its harder to find people and not many want to open their door to us. So we were just walking and trying to figure out where we needed to go. There was this woman coming our way and I had a strong feeling that we definitely needed to talk to this woman. So we did and we started to introduce ourselves and talk to her a little bit about our church. She said she was Buddhist but not very active. As we got to know her more she started to open up to us and tell us some of the struggles she has been having in her life. She told us how she just moved her from Vietnam because her family wasn't treating her very nicely. Her husband is also not treating her very well and she has been very lonely. I then pulled out a Book of Mormon and started telling her about our loving Heavenly Father and his Son Jesus Christ. Tears were running down San's face as we testified and I knew that the spirit had touched her heart. We also testified of the Book of Mormon. I could see how happy she was after we shared this with her and she was excited to start reading. We exchanged information and she asked if she could call us if she needed anything. We of course said yes! anytime! She gave us the biggest hug and then continued walking home. My companion and I were still so shocked by the experience we had just had. I know that the Lord will always provide for each of us. I knew that we were meant to talk to her that day.

  There are so many more that I could share but those are some of the main ones that really touched my heart and made me want to keep working hard to find more like San and Cavin.I know that as you pray for missionary experiences that the Lord will help you and will use you as an instrument in the Lord's hands to bless the lives of many. All you have to do is reach and to find those that are searching for truth.

I hope you all are doing well and I hope you have a wonderful week! Tau Toki Soi ( See ya later)

Love you heaps!
    Love always,
                Sister Heidi Sorensen

A member of our ward, Sister Leakehe made me a big cake for my birthday! 

hey have Sizzler here and so for my birthday we went there. It was definitely not the same as America but it was some good memories. It is also super expensive here, everything is expensive!

Thanks for my package mom, I'm way too spoiled...but keep it coming haha

My companion loved the USA shirt I gave her. She didn't take it off that whole day.

My district...well some of them

This is Eleanor's grand kids that we met this week. They are so cute!

This is what we do every morning. This morning we played some soccer and some rugby with the Tongans.

No comments:

Post a Comment