Monday, June 16, 2014

Missionary Work is the Best! (And HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HEIDI!!!)

Dear family and friends,

  First off thanks so much for all of those that sent me birthday wishes. I'm so grateful to have all of you in my life. And family thanks for making me cry from your video, it was so good to see you all. I miss you all very much but I'm so grateful to be serving the Lord at this time and spreading his restored gospel to the people of Australia. I absolutely love being a missionary and being able to help people come unto Christ.

   This week was a really good week once again. Lets face it when you're doing missionary work there are always good things that happen each and everyday. Miracles never cease to occur in the Lord's church. My companion was unfortunately sick for 3 days this week. So we stayed in the flat all day Wednesday through Friday I almost went crazy! haha but it was a great time to study. I think I studied pretty much all day, it was exactly what I needed. I'm reading the Book of Mormon again because I love it so much. But this time I've been reading the study guide along with it, it is so helpful! I have learned so much more. I think it is amazing how much power comes from one book. But I know that its the word of God. I challenge all of you to read along with me the Book of Mormon. I would also love to hear your insights as you read and the things that you learn. I hope all of you will take that challenge upon yourself. Even if you have already read it, read it again. You can never read it too many times. 

  Even though we were in the flat for 3 days, the Lord definitely blessed us the last couple days and we were able to see and teach so many people. I have found that even though we are walking, we been able to reach our goals and also been able to see even more miracles as we've been street contacting.
  I forgot to tell you last week that the other day we went and contacted the girl that we were in the car accident with. Her name is Stephanie. I'll be honest I was so scared to talk to her because I wasn't sure what to even say to her.."oh hello remember us? Well since you wrote down your address we thought we would come and share you the gospel." But it turned out so much better than that. I don't even remember what i said but I know that the Holy Ghost helped us to say what she needed to hear. She had remembered us and she was willing to hear what we had to say. She said she was living with her parents who are strict catholics so she didn't think they would be ok with us coming over to teach her but she said she would read what we gave her. We testified of the truth and told her to call us. I sure hope that she will one day come into the gospel. I know that it wasn't by chance that it all happened. I know this is truly the Lord's church.

Happy Father's Day to all of you fathers! I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week!

Love always,
    Sister Heidi Sorensen

Sister Woodford's favorite place to go is Starbucks. Last P-day we decided to go find one for her. And we found one but it was inside a children's hospital so we had a fun p-day at a hospital. Oh the things you do for fun on p-day.



Sister Ma'asi and I walking

Sister Woodford made me some gluten free cup cakes too. I love the sisters I live with, they are the best!

Last night the sisters got a little too excited and wanted to celebrate my birthday. We played some ultimate spoons, it was so much fun.

This is Lilly she is a Samoan girl that I started to teach in Green Valley. She just got baptized on saturday, I had the opportunity to go to the baptism. She is such a cute girl!
**Happy Birthday, Sister Sorensen!!! We love you!**

No comments:

Post a Comment