Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Philippians 4:13

Dear family and friends,
    Wow what an incredible week its been! I know I say that every week but its true. So much happens in one week that its crazy! Sister Schwab and I have been working so hard each and every day. We have been working till 9:30 every day this week just trying to get to all the people we need to get to. The Lord has definitely blessed us with so many people to work with. This week we received 4 new investigators it has been incredible. This Belconnen ward is on fire with missionary work. In fact at least half of our lessons each week are arranged by members of our ward which I've never seen before. I'm so grateful for the opportunity I have to serve in this ward at this time. I have so much that happened I'm just going to do this in bullet points.
* First off Mini (Malasian) had a conflict with her baptismal date we set with her. We scrambled to figure out another time to do it. Through lots of prayer we were able to figure it out. She is now getting baptized on July 26 this coming saturday and we are so excited. She also just told us that she just finished the Book of Mormon! She has such a sweet spirit and is so ready to be baptized.
* I had the priviledge of going on trade offs with this wonderful sister named Sister Ketts. I feel like she taught me more than I could ever teach her. She is a great example to me. We had this great experience while we were together. We were going to try to contact this Asian man because Sister Ketts speaks chinese and we thought it would be a great opportunity. Unfortunately he wasn't there but we decided to knock on a few doors right next door. We knocked on this door and a man named Nathan was there. We talked to him a little bit about who we were and asked if he would be interested in learning more about what we share with others. He said yes! We then asked when we could return and he said, "How about tomorrow?" We were so excited and of course accepted that invitation.
   We went back the next day with a member and my companion. We taught him the Restoration. He was so keen to learn more and we are hoping that he will continue to progress. That helped me to know that so many are ready to receive this gospel. We just have to rely on the spirit to know where we need to be and what we need to say.
*Friday we went on a bus adventure for the day. We were put into an district that is about 30 minutes away rather than 10 minutes away. We don't have enough kilometers to make that trip by car so we took the bus. We had to leave pretty early to make sure we could get there on time. We had the bus route all planned out...or at least we thought we did. It was a great experience and we talked to so many people! We took one wrong bus and had to wait a little bit for another one to come. But on the next bus we met this young girl named Serah. She is a muslim girl but doesn't really believe in that. She asked so many questions and we had a full on lesson on the bus talking about the restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. She was so interested and keen to learn. We left her with a Book of Mormon and some pamphets. I think some of the other people on the bus were also listening in. It was such a cool experience. Since then we have been texting her and she said she has been reading what we left with her. I knew that there was a reason we got on the wrong bus.
   We may have been late for district meeting but we had talked to so many people that day. On the way home we also met another lady and had a full lesson with her as well. It was so cool and who knows what may come of all that we taught and who we met but I know that we were in the right place at the right time.
*That same Friday we had another tender mercy. This member of ours Brother Majcic invited his friend Rei over for dinner. When I met her she said that she had seen me before on the bus and really liked what I was teaching to the man. I didn't remember her at all but I remembered that last week on trade offs with Sister Sauaki we took the bus and I was teaching this man about the plan of Salvation. That was a great testimony builder that you never know who may be touched by the message or who may be listening. Rei came to church yesterday as well! That was a huge miracle. She has never belonged to a church before and doesn't really know about God but she likes the feeling she gets when she comes and that is a great start.
*Saturday I got my cast off FINALLY! We witnessed another miracle that day also. The nurse that removed my cast saw that we had name tags and was very curious to who we were. We told her who we were a
little bit and she asked if we pray for people. We said we did of course and then she asked, "will you pray for me? I'm going through a really hard time right now and could use some prayers." We of course replied and said we would. She then proceeded to tell us some of the trials that she was facing and that she felt very alone. That gave us a great opportunity to share with her a little bit about our Savior Jesus Christ and how we are never along. Neetha was her name and she said that she was christian. We taught her a little bit more and we found out that she lived really close to where we live. She agreed to have us over and to teach her more. She also said that she was about to not come to work that day but knew she had to come. I ended up being her first patient that day and she said that what we said helped her to feel better and to have hope. She was grateful we had come. That was such a great experience I will never forget.
   Even though that cast was a pain I think I've seen the most miracles due to that accident than ever before. I'm so grateful for what I had to go through so that I could witness so many miracles. It has humbled me and helped me so much.
I know this email is super long but it has been such an incredible week full of so many miracles. I know that the Lord is there for us and will help us to get through our trials, we just need to ask, we need to knock and that door and ask for help. The Lord will provide a way. I encourage all of you to pray and to seek for opportunities to share the gospel. You may not have a tag on but you know that truth and as you can see from some of my experiences there are so many that are searching for truth. We just have to open our mouths.
I hope you all have a wonderful week. Stay strong and never forget who you are, we are sons and daughters of a loving Heavenly Father.
Love always,
   Sister Heidi Sorensen

This was the day we got lost and our adventure on the bus.
Trade offs with Sister Ketts and Sister Elliot.
 Here is a little bit of what Canberra looks like, its so beautiful!
We went to the National Museum of Australia last p-day, pretty cool!

Mini invited us over for lunch on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment