Monday, July 14, 2014

There is not enough time in the day....

Dear family and friends,
 
   This week has been another great week. There are so many things that happened that I don't even know where to begin. We had a crazy busy week full of so many appointments and meetings to go to. But as a missionary I would much rather be busy than not have much work to do. Sister Schwab and I are so blessed to have such a big teaching pool and so many people that want to hear the gospel in our area. This week we were stressing a little bit just trying to figure out how we were going to be able to see everyone we needed to see. But the Lord has a part in this and is definitely leading us and helping us along the way. The members of the Belconnen Ward are amazing and are also helping us out so much and are great fellowship for all the people that we're working with. I absolutely love this ward and this area! We were so blessed to have quite a few less-actives come to church yesterday and 1 of our investigators came. The great thing about is that we didn't have to worry too much about making sure they were ok. The members and their fellowship that they had were there to help them and show them around. It was a great example of the importance of using ward members and making sure that they take part in the work.
 
    Many have been asking about Nikki and how she went this week. Unfortunately this week she has been sick but we stopped by anyways to check up on her and to see if we could do anything for her or her family. She was still very kind to us and wanted us to come back again hopefully in the next few days. But Sister Schwab was telling me what a miracle that was and that the spirit has truly touched her heart, she had never been that nice in the past. So I know that this the the right time for Nikki to receive the gospel and we are going to follow up with her and continue to try to help her.
 
    This week there have been so many tender mercies that have helped me each day to keep going and to know that God is always there for me. I think sometimes after doing the same routine every day that you begin to loose that fire and motivation but thanks to a loving Heavenly Father and my Savior Jesus Christ I'm able to continue moving forward with faith. It those tender mercies that the Lord gives me that help me to keep going. I know with all my heart that we have a loving Heavenly Father who is always there for us, NO MATTER WHAT! He wants whats best for us. And yes the adversary is real and is always trying to bring us down I know that as we build our foundation upon the Lord Jesus Christ that we cannot fall. Those little things are the things that matter most in life, Keep doing those things that will bring you closer to our Father in Heaven.          
   Yesterday our ward mission leader gave a great lesson on spiritual gifts and how we each play an important role in the work of salvation. The Lord needs each and every one of His children to bring everyone back to Him. We each are so different and the Lord has given us different talents and abilities that others may not have. That is why the Lord needs us all. I hope you never feel like you have no worth and that you don't matter. I know that we each have a purpose in this life and that the Lord needs YOU, he needs all of us because we each have divine worth. We are His children and He is always there to guide us and direct us in our life. Don't ever hesitate to turn to Him. He wants to hear from us.
 
 I hope you all have a wonderful week and know that I love and appreciate each one of you. Thanks for being such a great example to me.
 
Love always,
   Sister Heidi Sorensen

These are the Sisters we live with. Sister Pea (from Tahiti) and Sister Sauaki (from Tonga). We love them and have so much fun with them.

 I went on trade offs with Sister Sauaki this week on Wednesday. She is great and I learned so much from her.


Mini our investigator who is getting baptized in a few weeks. She is wonderful! She is from Malasia.

We had to go in the sunbeams class for a few minutes to help the teachers. We gave them some stickers and sang some fun songs with them. they were so cute!



No comments:

Post a Comment