Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Goo-ba-lee-Goop!‏

Dear family and friends,
 
    You must be wondering what the heck the title of this email is all about but I will explain. But it has been another great week full of so many wonderful experiences and tender mercies. Sister Tito and I continue to work extra hard in order to help all of those that we're working with to progress and come unto Christ. Here are some of the events/ tender mercies that happened this week.
 
  • On Wednesday I went on an exchange with a sister named, Sister Ilalio. We are running low on kilometers so we decided to walk the whole day. Unfortunately we weren't able to get many set appointments so it was an open day full of unknown. But in a way I love days like that because it strengthens my faith and helps me to trust in the Lord to go where He wants us to go. There was one miracle after another. One of them that sticks out in my mind was when we had been walking almost all day and it was really hot. I was really struggling to keep going and just was praying really hard that I could have the strength to keep going and that we'd find someone that would recieve us. Just after that, Sister Ilalio looked over and saw that there was a door that was open and people inside. I said, "lets go!" We knocked on the door and it was such a nice woman and listened to what we had to say. We set up a return appointment and it was good to know that there were really some nice people that are ready and prepared at this time. I don't know if that woman will be super receptive but at that moment it was a tender mercy to meet her. She boosted my energy and helped me to keep going. I'm so grateful for that experience.
  • Emily Van Dyek is changing day by day. It has been incredible to see the changes in her. We started the stop-smoking program with her this week. She was able to crush a whole pack of new cigarretes on her own. But unfortunately she wasn't able to make it the full week. She hasn't fully decided that she wants to quit. So we continue to teach her and encourage her and I know that she will be able to quit. It has been great to see just how much the gospel can change people. Even those that you least expect. All you need is a willing heart and an open mind and the spirit will be able to teach them and show them the way. I don't know if I'll be here for Emily to be baptized but I'm grateful to be able to say that I was one of the first missionaries that introduced the gospel to her. I know that she will one day come unto Christ.
  • On friday we had a few cancellation and so we were walking around the suburb by our flat. We saw this lady spraying off her driveway. We of course went up to talk to her and she was a lovely lady. We talked about the beautiful weather and then she took us around and showed us her garden. She was so nice that she didn't even notice we were missionaries until after we'd been talking for a little bit. She then started yelling GOO-BA-LEE-GOOP! i thought it was a little strange at first and then she explained that she likes to feed the mag-pies and that is the call she uses to call them in for their feed. So Sister Tito and I joined in by yelling and all of these birds came in and started eating. It was sure a funny experience and now Sister Tito and I like to use that phrase whenever we see a mag-pie. The lady was very kind and we set up a return appointment too. Something I learned from Bev that day is the importance of treating everyone with respect. She didn't even notice we were missionaries she just talked to us like anyone else and I hope that I can do the same thing with everyone that I meet.
  • Our wonderful Mission President gave us permission to go to the temple with Mini for the first time on Saturday. Mini went with the relief society and stayed the night there in Sydney and we surprised her and got a ride early in the morning with a member. We surprised her and you should have seen her face. She was so excited that we were there with her to help her. It was a great experience to be able to see Mini glowing as she was able to help some people that have passed on to recieve that great blessing of baptism that Mini just recently was able to experience. Mini loved it!
  • Sister Tito and I also had the opportunity to do an endowment session and what a great experience that was. After not being able to go so long, it was a great blessing to be in the temple that day. I learned so much and it really was a good boost of spirituality. I LOVE the temple and I'm so grateful that we have them on the earth today.
  • We set a baptismal date with Felicity for November 15th. We are so excited for her and are ready to help her to get there. Please keep her in your prayers!
     There are so many more wonderful experiences I could share but those are some of the highlights of the week. I'm so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life. I'm so grateful to be able to now share the gospel to those that are ready to recieve it at this time. I know that the Lord is hastening the work at this time and now its our time to stand up and to proclaim the truth to all the world. I commit you to pray and fast this coming fast sunday to know of someone that you can share the gospel with. Or even someone that needs strengthening at this time. I know the power of fasting and prayer. I know that if you have the desire to share the gospel that you will know who is ready. And as the scriptures promise us that we have no need to worry what to say but the words will be given us at the very moment we need them. So go out and share what you know to be true!
 
I hope you all have a wonderful week! Thanks for all the love and support!
 
Love always,
    Sister Sorensen











No comments:

Post a Comment