Monday, November 3, 2014

BACK TO LIVERPOOL!‏

Dear family and friends,
 
   This past week has been an incredible week, once again. I've loved being able to serve in the Belconnen Ward! But unfortuntely my time has come to an end in that ward. I have now been transferred back to Liverpool (which was my first Stake) but now I'm just serving in a different ward. I'm serving in the Liverpool 1st ward. My new companion is Sister Parr. She is awesome! She is from Auckland, New Zealand (another Maori). I'm so excited to be with her and to be serving in Liverpool again. We are shot gunned so we both don't know anything about this area but the great thing about that is that we have the spirit to guide us and to help us in this work. I'm so grateful for the knowledge that we are not alone. We "can do all things through Christ which strenghtheneth me(philippians 4:13)." I know that I couldn't do this work, the Lord's work on my own. I know that this will be a another great experience for me and that the Lord has sent me to this new area for a reason. I'm so ready to go out and apply those wonderful things that I've learned in my last area and to help the people here.
 
There were so many tender mercies that happened this past week. Here are a few:
 
  • We confirmed the baptismal date with our young 14 year old African investigator. She is cleared for baptism on this coming sunday. We are so happy for her. Unfortuntely I won't be there but Sister Tito will be there to help her.
  • We also have a baptismal date with Felicity for the 15th of November! She is so keen for that date and is working towards it. She is awesome!
  • Dat ( a new buddhist investigator) came to church! He is the first buddhist that I've met who is so open minded. He is so ready to hear the gospel and it was so great to be able to share with him the truthfulness and the fulness of the gospel.
I wish I had more time to give you more of an update but I want you to know that I know that this is the Lord's church. It is the only one that holds the fulness of truth and you can find true happiness and joy by living His gospel. I have gained a strong testimony on obedience. I know that as we are obedient we will recieve blessings and as we are exactly obedient we will see miracles. I have seen that so much on my mission and I know that I'm the happiest when I doing what God wants me to do. I LOVE this gospel and I know that it can change lives. I know that our savior loves us so much and is there for us. He knows what we are going through and all He wants us to do is turn to Him.
 
Have a wonderful week!
 
Love always,
     Sister Sorensen

No comments:

Post a Comment