Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Faith To See Miracles


Dear Family and Friends,
    
Wow I love being a missionary! I know I say that every week pretty much but it is so true. I'm so blessed to be able to serve at this time and I know that this is exactly where I need to be at this time. Its been another great week here in Liverpool. Sister Parr and I are continually striving to get to know more members and more people in this area. It always takes time to get to know people and to see what the area needs but things are going so well.

   This week thanks to Sister Jordin Giles email last week gave me a boost in my faith to see miracles and I saw such a big difference. I noticed that we were lacking some faith. This week I had the opportunity to go on exchanges with a Sister from Tonga named Sister Taufa. She is such a sweetheart. For that day we set some good goals for the day and we were both so ready to see some miracles and to go out and find some people to teach. 

      We had some great experiences! One experience I'd like to share was when we decided to go walking for part of the day to find some people. We were walking towards this home for a potential investigator when I suddenly felt like we were going the wrong way and that we needed to turn around and go the other way. So we turned around and when we turned around we noticed this girl that was walking a little bit behind us. Yes...someone to talk to we thought! We introduced ourselves and started to talk to her. We then ended up sharing with her pretty much the whole Restoration. She said that she would love to meet again. We set up an appointment with her. I knew that the Lord had answered our prayers and because of our faith we were able to see miracles and to meet Nikki.

We had another miracle this week. On friday Sister Parr and I had an appointment at the Liverpool Library with this new investigator. Well we waited there and waited there and realized he wasn't coming. So then we started looking at the people around us whom we could talk to. We went over and talked to this african guy. It was so cool to talk to him. We ended up teaching him the whole restoration as well. He is so ready to learn more and willing to listen. I knew that we weren't there for Peter that day but we were there so that we could meet Dave.

There are so many more stories that I could share but I just know that this is the Lord's church here upon the earth. He definitely knows what he's doing and will guide us to where we need to go. We just have to have the faith. I know that as we pray for miracles and constantly expect them and exercise our faith that the Lord will put people in our paths. I'm grateful for this gospel and I know with all my heart that it is true. The gospel of Jesus Christ can change lives and will shape us to become more like our Savior, Jesus Christ...He is the way.

I hope you all have a wonderful week. 

Love always,
    Sister Sorensen

We went bowling with these sister last week. It was so much fun! 

A pic of me and my wonderful Soa, she's the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment