Monday, November 17, 2014

Trusting in the Lord is key!‏

Dear family and friends,

   It has been a great week here in Liverpool. I think we are now starting to get the hang of this area and starting to get to know the people in this area more and more. There is still so much work to be done but we are excited that we get to be apart of this work and building the Liverpool area. We have seen so many tender mercies this week. Here are a few of them:

  • On Wednesday I was on exchanges with a sister from Germany named Sister Ziegner. It was a bit stressful because I have to be the example and I really don't know this area so it was a challenge. We didn't really have too many set appointments either so I was putting down a bunch of random names that I was finding in the area book. And I also was trying to get some members to come with us and in the midst of all this panic. There was a sweet member that called us and asked if we needed her to help fellowship for the day. It was an answer to my prayer! We were able to go out with her for the morning and it was a great experience. We got to meet some more people and also be able to meet a lot of potential investigators. I love members that are proactive and help us!
  • On Saturday we had a great day! We had Sister Deo (the member that came out with us on Wednesday). We wanted someone to come out with us to visit the Tuipulotu family that we've been working with a lot. I knew that Nari would need some friends and I felt very strongly that Sister Deo needed to come to that lesson. It turned out that Sister Deo knew Nari and has been trying to for years to get her to come back to church and since then had lost contact. So it was great to re-unite them and it was good to have her there to help with the boys. We set Donelle (oldest 14 year old boy) and his brother Leo (8 year old) up with a baptismal date. They said yes! I love the desire that all of these boys have to learn the gospel. They don't know hardly anything but they love it so much. I know that they don't really understand baptism yet but they want to follow Jesus Christ and Nari wants them to be baptized as well. We are so excited!
  • After visiting with Nari and the boys we went to contact this referral that Nari gave us. She lived just around the corner so we walked. The woman's name was Ruth and she was on the phone when she answered the door but she was willing for us to come back. On our way back to our car we saw this woman out in her yard. We all said hello and kept walking but after we passed her I felt the need to turn around and talk to her more. It turns out that all 3 of us had that feeling. She was a very kind woman, she was a religious woman herself and really liked seeing young people out sharing the gospel. We began to share with her a little bit of our unique message. While we were talking I felt like we needed to give her a Book of Mormon. So we testified of the Book of Mormon and she was eager to read it and find out more about it. We are going back this week to share more with her!
  • On Sunday we thought we would just leave Nari and the boys alone and test them to see if they could come on there own without us pushing them to come. And sure enough they came! It helped us to see the great desire all of them have to come and to learn. It is such a blessing to be working with this wonderful family. We love them so much!
    There are so many wonderful things that are happening here and I can't wait to see what else is in store for this transfer. I've learned a lot about trusting in the Lord this week. He really knows what He is doing and we have no need to worry as long as we rely on Him and do His will. Sister Parr and I don't know this area but the Lord does and He can guide us to know what it is we need to do now. I have see him guiding us this week in what needs to be done now in this area. I'm so grateful to be here and to be able to be serving at this time. I learn so much each and every day. This gospel is so true! I know that there are countless blessings that come our way when we are keeping God's commandments and doing all that we can. I'm also so grateful for  the atonement and the knowledge that I know that I can be forgiven. Yes we will make mistakes, I do way too much but I know that I can be better. We need to constantly be re-evaluating ourselves and looking for those weaknesses so that we can be stronger and more like Christ.
       The Lord has given us so many tools and things that we can use to learn of Him and to become better. God is all powerful and can do all things. We just have to trust in God in all things. One scripture that stuck out to me this week was when I was reading in Mormon 1:2 it talks about Mormon only being 10 years old and the wonderful faith that he had. One attribute that stuck out to me that it mentions that he was "quick to observe." I thought about that phrase quick to observe this week and I've been striving to apply it into my life. Are you quick to observe the commandments and the promptings that you receive from God? When the spirit guides you to do something, do you do it? I know that I have a lot to work on when it comes to that aspect but as I've focused on that this week I've seen so many tender mercies as I just followed and ACTED as soon as I got the prompting. Remember faith without works in dead (James 2).
    My COMMITMENT for you this week is to evaluate yourself and see if you are "quick to observe" like Mormon. I can promise you that as you strive to more fully listen and follow the promptings of the Holy Ghost that you will have many miracles. Your life will be blessed tremendously and you will be an effective instrument in the Lords hands in bringing forth His gospel.

Thanks for all your love and support!

Love always,
    Sister Sorensen

This is the Tuipulotu boys! They are our favorites! Donelle, Leo, Beni, and Simi. Simi is the little guy, he is the cutest boy ever!


No comments:

Post a Comment