Sunday, November 9, 2014

Tuipulotu Family Miracle‏

Dear family and friends!

   Another great week has come and gone in the mission field. I just wish that time would slow down a little bit but we do what we can. This week has been a bit of a challenge as Sister Parr and I have been trying to get to know this new area and discern the needs of the people in this area. It has been great to get to know so many new people, this is a great area. It is still so weird to be back in Liverpool but I know that I'm here for a reason. It has been good to start fresh in a new area, new companion, new everything. It has been great to look back and see just how far I've come and the things that I've learned to get me to this point. I know that the Lord knows us each individually and knows where we need to be. It has been great to see how all of my past experiences are now helping me in this new area to know what to do and how to deal with different situations.

   TUIPULOTU MIRACLE:
     This week we had a huge miracle! The Lord is so good to us and definitely guides this work! Just this week we got a referral from the elders for this less-active. So we went to visit them on friday night. When we knocked on the door this man answered and he looked at us and said, "missionaries?" He then said he'd be back. Following that his wife came out, she was so happy to see us. We began to talk to her and get to know her more. We came to find out that she hasn't been to church in over 15 years. She also has 5 boys that have never been to church or anything. She expressed how much she wants to come back to church and she feels like its time for her boys to learn of the gospel too. Her oldest boy is 14, then she has a 8yr, 7yr, 4yr, and 10 month old.She was in tears as we talked about the Atonement of Jesus Christ and how it is not too late to come back and that Christ's arms are wide open and ready for us to come to Him.
  
     We set up an appointment with her and her boys the following day (Saturday). Her boys are so cute and so ready to learn! We started from the very basics. We taught them about our loving Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. They never really knew about any of that. We taught them the song, "I am a child of God" and they loved singing that one. We then taught them how to pray, we went around the room as each one of them said their own prayer. You should have seen those boys eyes light up as they came to know that they had a loving Heavenly Father that they could talk to and that could help them with anything. We then invited them to  come to church the next day. All the boys were so excited to come! Nari, the mother expressed the concern that they didn't have any clothes and didn't want her boys to be judged for their appearance. We expressed how it doesn't matter what you wear but as long as you go. But regardless we were scrambling to find some clothes for the following day so the boys could come. 
    
    Sunday morning we stopped by their house to walk with them to church with some clothes for them to wear. Nari wasn't sure she wanted to come but we were able to help her realize the importance of letting her boys have that experience as well as herself. We left her to get ready and we went to church. Church was starting and they had still not arrived. So Sister Parr and I left sacrament and walked to their house to get them. They were all ready to go just needed an extra push to get them there. We walked with them to church and they had a great experience there. The boys were so happy and loved primary and loved young men's. Nari was in tears the whole day, I know that she felt the spirit strong that day. What a miracle!
   I know that the Lord prepared Nari at this particular time, she is so ready to come back to church and to get her whole family to know of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

I'm so grateful for this gospel and all the blessings that come from living the gospel. I'm so excited to be a missionary at this time and to be able to witness miracles like the one we had with Nari and her family. I know that as we do all that we can and strive to be obedient in all things that the Lord will be able to use us as effective tools in His hands in bringing the gospel of Jesus Christ to His children. After sharing this miracle, do you have anyone that comes to your mind that you could share the gospel  with? I encourage you that if you have to ACT upon that thought. It may seem scary to share the gospel to someone that you know or especially someone that you don't know. But I can promise you that by sharing the gospel you are giving someone the greatest gift you could ever give someone. So my commitment to you is to pray for a missionary experience, pray for someone that you could share the gospel with. And if you don't know what to say, Pray! Our Heavenly Father will give you the words to say, he has promised us that. I know that this is the Lord's restored church on the Earth today. He loves us so much and is always there for us.

I hope you all have a great week. I would also love to hear your miracles so feel free to share them with me. It always uplifts me and helps me to keep going.

Love always,
    Sister Sorensen
Here are some of the photos we took at the trunk of treat activity. 
My new companion, Sister Parr (far left)! Sister Bretzing was also with us for the first couple days as she was waiting for her new trainee. I lived with Sister Bretzing for the first 6 months of my mission so it was fun to be with her again for a little bit.

These girls are some of the ysa in the Green Valley Ward. I was able to see them this week, they are all working towards their missions now. :)
I wasn't able to send some of the pics from Sister Tito and I's last exchange together. We went to this beautiful place called Narooma with some sisters named Sister Hoeft and Sister Rushing. We had so much fun there...except for the time that we got attacked by seagulls at dinner.

Narooma

This was at the Halloween party before I left Belconnen. Jennifer just got baptised yesterday in Belconnen ward, she is awesome! 
Our investigator named Felicity who is getting baptised this next week. I'm going to miss that girl, she is so strong and so willing to follow our Saviour Jesus Christ. We were both in tears as we had to leave but I know that we will see each other again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment