Monday, February 2, 2015

"Line upon line, precept upon precept..." 2 Nephi 28:30‏

Dear family and friends,
    I hope that all of you have had a great week! I know that Sister Koster and I have sure had a good week. It is hard to explain all the tender mercies that we have received this week. The work is beginning to pick up in the Oatlands Ward. We've been focusing a lot on the members and having them assist us more in the work. There have been so many that have stepped up to the plate and have helped us out heaps and heaps! There are so many great people in this ward that now we're trying to bring all those wonderful people together and unite them in the work of salvation. That is definitely a challenging task that takes a lot of time but I know that it is all made possible through our Saviour, Jesus Christ.
          One of the main things that I have learned overtime is the importance of alignment. The Lord's organization is perfect, everything works in its proper order when we do it His way. He has called prophets and apostles to guide us and along with that area seventies, Stake President's, Bishops, etc. It is so important for us to be in line with them because if our leaders are in alignment with their leaders and we follow them. That means that we are in turn in alignment with the Saviour. I have learned so much of the Atonement of Jesus Christ that allows us to be in alignment and to improve ourselves. I know that I probably talk about this a lot but it is because time and time again the Lord has reminded me and bore witness to me of the power of the Atonement and just how crucial it is in our lives.
       This week I was reading in Joseph Smith History and it was a great experience. I've read it before but this time it was completely different and it meant a lot more to me. One thing that stuck out to me that has never stuck out before was when Joseph Smith spoke of his weaknesses and imperfections. When I think of prophets of apostles I think of them as just perfect, how could they really do anything wrong. But it humbled me to know that they too are only human. They have weaknesses and imperfections just like all the rest of us. But another thing that Joseph did was he was quick to recognize them and then also quick to repent and turn away from sin and push forward with faith. He is such a great example to us. One of my favourite scriptures is found in Ether 12:27 which reads, "And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weaknesses. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." One thing that I learn from this is that it is okay if we have weaknesses, we are human! But a Christ-like attribute is recognizing our wrong doings and turning to the Lord for strength. As we humble ourselves we will become more like our Saviour, Jesus Christ. That is ultimately why we are here on earth, to become like Him.
   Just last week I was asked to speak in Sacrament. I was actually very honoured to speak and I knew that is would be a good experience. I studied all week and really focused on the people in the ward an what they needed to hear. I also fully relied on the Lord to know what I needed to share. I prayed so hard the day of and I got this overwhelming sense of comfort that everything will work out. When I got up to speak the spirit was so strong. I don't know what I said but I remember the feeling that I had at that moment. I knew that at that time my prayers were answered and that I was not speaking just my words but I was speaking the words of the Lord. I know that the Lord needs our help to spread forth His gospel and that we can be effective instruments in the Lord's hands today as long as we have a willing heart and mind. Its all about submitting our will to the Lord's will.
   My testimony has grown so much and continues to grow each day as I strive to give all that I have. I know that each of you can do that same as you place Christ at the center of your lives. He is truly the way, the truth, and the Life (John 14:6). I know that to be true! It is hard to do so but just turn to the Lord in prayer and I know that he will guide and direct you.
I love you all very much and I'm extremely blessed to have so much love and support. May the Lord bless you as you strive to align your will with His. I love you all heaps!
Love always,
      Sister Sorensen 


We had a district p-day this last week. We went laser tagging and bowling. It was so much fun!


"Aussie As" is something that is so common here in Australia. They add "as" on to everything. So I just had to get a picture of that to remember the weird terms that they use. "Cool as," "Sweet as," etc.

Me and my wonderful companion, Sister Koster. I love her!



No comments:

Post a Comment